- New Braunfels, TX Roof Repair Guide
- Roof Wind Damage: How It Happens and How to Deal with It
- Tips for Preventing a Leaky Roof
- Replacing Your Shingle Roof In New Braunfels, TX: A Complete Guide
- 5 Things to Know When You Notice a Roof Leak
- Types of Roofs in New Braunfels, TX
- Four Signs You Need to Replace Your Roof
Replacing Your Shingle Roof In New Braunfels, TX: A Complete Guide
Does your New Braunfels roofing require shingle repair? There are a lot of details to consider, and you want to get the job done right. It's a difficult task even in the best of weather, and you'll want to be prepared.
This guide will help you understand the expectations of the job and how to get it done right to protect your home.
How Bad Is The Damage?
Strong winds and powerful storms can damage your roof. Assess the state of your roof to determine how much damage has been taken and if repairs are necessary.
Roofing companies in New Braunfels can give you an estimate of what it will cost to repair the damage and get your home back in shape. Check with several New Braunfels roofing contractors before signing any agreement to ensure you find the best rate.
Don't forget to double-check your warranty as well. A lifetime warranty for roofing materials may sound good, but the fine print may label a lifetime as only a few years. Be sure to review the details of your warranty before moving forward with your project, so you don't have to double back later.
Which Shingles Are Best?
Once you've concluded that your roof needs repair, it's time to decide what materials you'll need. Many types of shingles can be used to repair your roof, and it all depends on your goals when it comes to overall care.
For example, asphalt shingles are some of the most common materials used, thanks to their durability and affordability. However, you may consider tiles instead. Tiles tend to last longer overall but come with the risk of chipping after heavy wear.
Upon reviewing your options, take this opportunity to consider installing solar panels.
What Underlayment Works Best?
When repairing your roof, you'll want to be certain you have protection from leaks. The main types of underlayment are paper and synthetic, both providing different levels of protection for varying costs:
- Paper underlayment is not waterproof, but it is used commonly in residential projects. It can be bought in thick or thin variants that will protect your roof from the elements accordingly.
- Synthetic underlayment is pricier than the alternative, but it comes with additional benefits. It provides a water-resistant layer to protect your roof, as well as having immunity to UV damage.
Still not sure which to choose? We recommend scheduling an appointment with roofers in New Braunfels. They'll give you more details on both options, and you'll get personalized advice on the best materials for your home.
Now that you know which factors to consider before upgrading your roof with new shingles, you should have a better idea of how to move forward with this project.
While you have plenty of room to customize your shingles and underlayment, there's a few things you should always do: have an assessment on the state of your roof, determine that repairs are essential, then call your local roofing companies in New Braunfels.
Learn more about 5 Things to Know When You Notice a Roof Leak