- New Braunfels, TX Roof Repair Guide
- Roof Wind Damage: How It Happens and How to Deal with It
- Tips for Preventing a Leaky Roof
- Replacing Your Shingle Roof In New Braunfels, TX: A Complete Guide
- 5 Things to Know When You Notice a Roof Leak
- Types of Roofs in New Braunfels, TX
- Four Signs You Need to Replace Your Roof
Types of Roofs in New Braunfels, TX
Whether you're installing a new roof or conducting some New Braunfels roofing repair, you may be
curious about the different types of materials available from roofing contractors in New Braunfels, TX.
From the most durable to the most common types, below is a list of the different New Braunfels roofing for when considering what material is best for you.
In the US, almost 90% of
homes use asphalt shingles due to their durability, affordability, and simplicity to install.
They typically only cost between $1.50 to $5.50 per square foot or around $8,000 per installation.
Their lifespan (when looked after well) can reach up to 30 years, and once they're worn out, they can
be recycled to make pavement.
Benefits of this roofing in New Braunfels, TX include:
- Work well in the majority of climates.
- Available in different colors.
- Adaptable in most climates.
Dimensional shingles are asphalt with a few more benefits and are quickly growing in popularity. In
contrast to regular asphalt shingles, dimensional ones have two layers of shingle material fused
together. This is what gives them their three-dimensional appearance.
Primarily created for their appearance back in the 1970s when homeowners wanted roofing material that resembled cedar shingles, dimensional ones have a range of other benefits. Roofing companies in New Braunfels, TX can confirm their advantages, including:
- Available in a variety of styles.
- Their lifespan starts between 25 to 30 years, but higher-end products can last between 40 and 50 years.
- Extremely robust.
- Their double bonded layer offers extra protection from severe weather conditions.
Metal roofing has been around since the 1800s and is still a popular choice amongst homeowners and New
Braunfels roofing contractors. Available in various materials, including zinc and aluminum, metal
roofing is more expensive than asphalt. Depending on the material and design, it can cost between $6
to $14 per square foot — almost three times as much as asphalt.
Despite the high cost, many pros come with having your New Braunfels roofers install metal roofing, including:
- Easy to transport.
- They age well.
- Their lifespan can last up to 80 years.
- They are available in a variety of colors.
Although tiled roofing can be more expensive than other materials, it is still a popular choice due to
its durability. Tiles can last for up to 100 years, which, in the long run, can cost you less in
repairs and replacements. If you're considering asking roofers in New Braunfels, TX to install tile
roofing, here are some other benefits to consider:
They are available in different styles and colors to suit your home.
- They're long-lasting.
Choose the Right Material For You
After learning about the different materials available, you have the information your need to consider what's best for your home and style. From tile roofing that is incredibly long-lasting to dimensional shingles that are extremely robust, each material has its own individuality and benefits.
Learn more about Four Signs You Need to Replace Your Roof